Tuesday, June 17, 2008

First Place Bible Study and progress with weight

Hi! I just got home from aerobics and my First Place Bible study at church. This program is great, it is about putting God first in every area of our lives, especially food and exercise. I have been doing this for about 16 weeks, this is actually the second book we are on and I am so glad. I still am not fully on board with all the commitments, but am doing better. But I am so grateful as I thought we would have to delay the study until Sept. for non attendance but two wonderful ladies, Janet & Barbara, are doing the study with me. They already have been a tremendous blessing to me. It is so nice to have a support group who have the same goals: to put God first in all we do (with daily prayer, Bible reading, & Bible study), lose weight, exercise, eat healthy, and drink 8 glasses of water a day.

Well, I am excited to announce that after seven months of exercise and four months of the First Place study I have lost a total of 7 lbs. It is not great, but it is better than gaining or staying the same. My goal is to lose another 40 lbs by my 30th birthday (which is Oct. 3rd, 2009.) That is 16 months away, or 2 1/2 lbs a month. That is doable. I am even dreaming that I can do about 10 lbs a month and be at goal by my 29th birthday, but that is not really doable (like increasing my exercise to 2 hours a day and reducing further calories which I will not do.) But still I am rejoicing over my 7 lbs lost. Pray that I reach my goal of losing another 40 lbs, before Oct. next year. Thanks! -Becky

5 comments:

Denise Punger MD IBCLC said...

Congratulations on your weight loss (and all the other accomplishments). Mine has been about 3-4 lbs a month for the past nine months. Ten pounds a month doesn't sound healthy.

Becky R said...

that is just my dream, I will stick with 2-4 lbs. a month if even I can do that-lol

Anita said...

Good job!

Anonymous said...

YAY! That is GREAT! SLow weight loss is weight that will stay off!

Jeannette said...

Awesome job, so then why the sourness when you come home,
I would like to see a smile not miss frump
Love you
PS>> like the new background