Tuesday, May 6, 2008

baking / cooking

We just starting a loaf of bread and then made some banana bread. The kids and I love to bake and cook. They love to crack eggs and stir and add food coloring to whatever we are making. Today our banana bread will be orange (who do you think chose that color?) Well as we were mixing the banana bread I added some cranberry juice (sometimes I add orange juice, but I had some pure cranberry juice that I don't want to waste as it cost $8, but I can't stand to actually drink it.) Well the cranberry juice and baking soda starting fizzing. I had no idea. The kids thought it was hilarious. I added a little water to diffuse the bomb. We still put it in the oven, I wonder how it will taste. I will update you all later.
Do you and your kids like to bake / cook, if so what do you make? We make breads, and lots of muffins, cookies, and cake (can you tell why my weight loss is a challenge-lol.) They also love to chop veggies and fruit for lunch and snacks. -Becky

2 comments:

Jeannette said...

The banana bread was wonderful, the orange coloring really made it seem like a delicasy, I enjoyed it thanks for sharing with me....

Becky R said...

thanks for the comment mom, I liked it too. And it was sort of healthy with the banana and cranberry juice, and no preservatives! We add food coloring to lots of foods, can that be bad? Who cares it gets the kids to eat most anything. lol!