Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Not too bad

Last night I had boys asleep by 11. So instead of watching tv or starting to clean, and do other stuff (which wakes me up) I read for an hour (ok I did throw a load of laundry in first.) I read Just Around the Corner volume 1, I only read the mom half (it has encouragement for homeschooling mom's and dad's.)

Then I went to bed. I was asleep about 12:40am. That is exciting (sometimes it is as late as 2am or 3am and I am still up.)

Today I got up at 8:30am. Josh and I went to the gym we do childcare for an hour and a half. I was calm.

When we got home I did a little straightening up.

I did take a nap today, but as long as I am calm and relaxed and kind that is ok with me.

The boys and I ate a candlelight lunch together at the kitchen table, and just talked.

The boys decided to do a pet sitting and house sitting service to save money for the dog they so desperately want.

They even made a flyer that we are going to hand out at church and to family members.

Last week they earned $80 taking care of two cats. Jason has also pet sat for a bird and dog before.

I am going to keep my expectations low. If I can get through the day encouraging my kids, while growing in the Lord, and keeping the house minimally clean that is good enough for now.

-Becky

0 comments: