Monday, August 13, 2012

the Help


I just finished this book last night. I started it Sat. and could barely out it down, but I am like that with almost any book I read. The writing is done well. I really felt like I was watching these interactions and conversations.

This book added to my recent thoughts about my jobs. I watch children and clean homes. But I am personally involved in all of these situations. I talk with all the families as friends. Recently I was talking with a friend about her ex boss's thoughts on the cleaning service. Basically his view is they are to be neither seen or heard, just do their job and be gone. Makes me wonder if I cross the line with my jobs. But I genuinely care for these families and their homes. I think they care about me too.

I do get that all work relationships do not have to be personal. But I don't think people in jobs such as cleaning are less of people. We are all people. We are all created by God in His image. He loves us all the same, and gives us all the same opportunity to love Him as well.

Have you read this book? What did you think of it?
What else are you reading this summer?

~Becky






0 comments: