Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Declutter Update

I have a goal to declutter 365 items in 2011.

My rules are it only counts if I give it away, not throw it away or sell it; and the item must have been in my house before 2011 began; oh and if an item goes out to replace something that just came in it also does not count.

Basically I want to actually have 365 less items in my home by the end of the year.

As of Sept. 1st I was at 290 items. Since then I have given away 1 pair of boots, 10 pairs of too small pants, 6 books / old curriculum stuff, 6 pairs too small shorts, and 2 too small bathing suits. That is 25 more items.

My new total is 315 items given away in 2011.

It feels good to have less stuff.

-Becky

2 comments:

Jeannette said...

wow you are amazing, have you found the shoe I through up the stairs????
when your done come and do my house I won't even watch

Kate said...

I agree! I feel so much better when the house isn't cluttered. I have 6 boxes of Ian's clothes and toys and other misc that I need to take to the local Salvation Army thrift shop. I just need to get it there! lol! (That seems to be the hardest part!!) Love hearing about your decluttering! :)