Sunday, May 29, 2011

May working hours

I have worked a lot of hours this month. I started watching my nephew full time Mon.-Fri. from 7:00am-4:00pm (9 hours each day.) I also worked three Fri. nights at a Temple setting up and cleaning up their ONEG services. I work 7:00pm-11:00pm (4 hours.) And I still work Sat. nights doing childcare from about 5:00pm-9:00pm (4 hours. I did 3 Sat.'s this month.) Plus I did two cleaning jobs this month, adding another 6 hours of work.

The total hours I worked in May:

75 hours worked

I am grateful for the work, but it can be draining.

So I have set up some boundaries:

no working Sunday (I have worked Sundays in the past)
8 hours a night of sleep (still working on this one)
I am not taking any new cleaning jobs

My goal is to get all bills paid up (they are not unfortunately, but that will be another post) and be at the point I can pay all my bills every month. I want to continue to be able to work and homeschool and am praying about God's will about this.

How is your work load?

-Becky

2 comments:

Jeannette said...

I love the sacrifices you make taking care of your children, just make sure you make your life important also
a happy mother makes for happy children

Sisters of the Blog said...

I've been in the workforce full time for nearly 30 years.

My current job is deadline-driven, so there have been many times where i've worked 75 hours in a week. I get cranky when i have to work that many back to back plus still take care of the house, yard, cats, and finances.

I'm trying to keep to no more than 50 hours a week for work so i have time to rest a bit.

I've worked many jobs where i had to work weekends but still tried to set aside at least one day a week for a Sabbath. I've gotten out of that habit and need to return to it.

This past Sunday, i truly rested, which was wonderful. Also went sailing, which always makes me happy, and got a chance to spend time with a godly friend.

megan