Sunday, March 15, 2009

Prayer Request

Two years ago on Feb. 14, 2007 I slipped and broke my right ankle. It never healed properly and it still hurts almost daily. It is not excruciating pain, just annoying. It also limits some of the things I can do (sitting on floor playing a certain way, etc.)
I finally got the place where I fell to agree to pay the $15,000 surgery bill to have a pin put in. Now my dilemma is should I really have the surgery. My own doctor said there is a 50% chance that I will still be in slight pain. Some people I have talked to say the pin is great, they are fine. Others regret having had a pin and want it removed.

So I am in prayer about what to do. I have an appointment with my doctor on Tues. at 2:50pm.

If I have the surgery it means 3 months of being in a cast (hard, then soft.) Which means no driving for me. Also I will be unable to work (but I am getting money to cover my cost of living.)

If I do not have the surgery I will still get the money, as it is for pain & suffering not the actual surgery, so I really am unsure what to do. I would hate to spend $15,000 and 3 more months of my life to feel the same as I do now. But I also would like to feel better than I do.

Please pray that I clearly see what God wants me to do and if He wants me to have the surgery when I should do so (April or Sept.) Thanks!


Leave a comment if you have any advice


Anita said...

That's a very hard decision, and I don't really want to sway you one way or the other in case I give the wrong advice. If the injury will affect you worse later in life (arthritis or something like that) I would definately get it operated on. On the other hand, $15,000 is a lot of money if the surgery is unsuccessful or if the pin is irritable to you.

Jeannette said...

what about getting a second opinion?
or a third?