Saturday, January 2, 2010

Budget goals for 2010

1) rebuild my emergency fund, starting with $1,000, and then to 6 months living expenses (about $10,000)

2) up my giving (after my tithe) to 10%, so I would be giving away 20% of my income (it is all God's anyway, our job is to be good stewards of His money and tell other's about Him)

3) add vacation fund:
-$800 for hotel, meals, and misc for 4 days in Washington D.C.
-$800 for gas, hotel, and meals for about 4 days to go to Ohio to visit my grandmother again.
-$1,200 for 3 plane tickets to visit my friend Courtney for a few days (I have wanted to do this for so long.) If I did drive I would have to rent a car which would be about $700 for a week and plus gas about $200. And staying in a hotel on the way there and back about $300, because it is too far for me to drive in one day. So it would be same cost.

4) start fence fund, need about $6,000 to have fence installed

5) start pool fund (kids really want a pool), need about $2,500 to buy and have above ground pool installed with all chemicals and supplies needed to run for one year

realistically I can do:
-$1,000 emergency fund (with my tax refund)
-up my giving
-probably go on two of the trips (D.C. is first since I have been promising the kids since before Eric died) (using some of my tax refund)

What are your financial goals for 2010 and some realistic steps to attain them?

-Becky

p.s. I want to meet my financial goals while still only working part time so I can be with boys as much as I can and continue to home school as well (if that is God's plan for us.)

0 comments: