Monday, January 4, 2010

Progress or lack of today

I watched tv with boys until 9, then put them to bed. I did not watch anymore tv or turn on my computer. From 10-11 I had time with God, but my boys were not asleep and Josh was getting up and playing with this really noisy flashlight. Jason was making noise as well. So much for quite time. But I pressed on. I read my devotional and wrote in my prayer journal and then I read the Bible. I was done a little after 11, so I turned off all the lights and lay in bed. I tried to fall asleep, but when left to it's own vices my brain goes to Eric and stressors and such, so I tried to pray for every person and thought I had. I think I was asleep by 12:30. I know I woke up about two times in the night. Not too bad. Then at 7:00 I woke up because Jason's alarm was going off and he slept right through it. I managed to fall back asleep by 7:30 (I know I should have stayed up at 7.) I awoke again at 7:50 to pray with Kristen and talk to my mom a minute. I wish I could say then I finally got up, but Joshua was still asleep so I figured I would just lay until he got back up. BAD IDEA! He got up sometime later, but I slept again until 10:20.
So much for that, but there is always tomorrow.
The good thing is that we do not have to be anywhere until 3:00, which means we don't have to leave until 2:30. So we have over 3 hours for school time. At least school work will get done today. And when we get home the boys will do there chores. I will do some chores too, so I will not feel the need to clean before bed.
So that is my confession, I messed up today. But that does not mean I have to mess up tomorrow. Our God gives us a new chance every day. He loves us that much!

-Becky

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that God gives us a new day every day. If only we could be as forgiving of ourselves as He is of us! Hope you and the boys had a blessed Christmas!