Monday, January 4, 2010

Not so good

So here it is almost 11. I put kids to bed about 9, but then discovered that although Jason said he cleaned his room it was a mess (in his defense lots of boxes and stuff from Christmas gifts that were making it hard to organize.) Anyway I used that time to clean his room, while yelling that I had to clean his room at night. Of course I didn't have to, but I did.
A good thing is that kids did all school work today and now both kids have clean rooms with all clean laundry put away.
Also I returned all the stuff that was not the right size and took Josh shopping today. He got a remote control car (he really wanted one, so he returned a gift he didn't really want to Toys r us.) Then I had to return some pants I got at Old Navy so I got him three new pairs of pants and two shirts. Then the same thing at Kohl's. There I got him two pairs of pants, a Mets sweatshirt (because he hates Yankees), and a Tony Hawk shirt. All his fall / winter clothes were hand me downs and no lie almost everything he owned had a hole in it. I think he was happy to spend time with me.
And when we got home he and Jason played with their remote control cars together, which was nice.
So today was so so. I realize in order for me to get on a good sleep schedule, they also have to be on one. As I type Josh just popped down to use the bathroom. He still has not fallen asleep since I put him in bed two hours ago. AHHH!!!!
So I have to get going to my quiet time with God, and then to bed, as soon as I shut this computer down and make the kids lunches for co-op tomorrow.

-Becky

2 comments:

sylvia said...

Becky, i am always amazed at how much you get done, even on the days you say you don't do what you wanted to. the Lord loves you girl and is with you every step of the way. sometimes sleep is healing and sometimes it isn't....i pray as the days go on your sleep will be more of the healing kind. you're so good to those kids, give yourself credit there. and i'm ashamed when i read how you carve out time with God even on your worst day. many days my prayertime is driving down the hill to work. i have to take a page from your life and get off this machine and get into the word.

be proud of yourself Becky, you're a beautiful young woman living in Jesus's footsteps. i keep you and your family in my prayers all the time and ask the Lord to lead you all as you try to make sense of your lives right now.
Sylvia

Jeannette said...

I agree stop being so hard on yourself, God knows what is in your heart. You've already earned your cloud in eternity, and have used your wisdom to get others there as well.

Sylvia is a wise person, she makes sense