Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My heart is heavy

In wake of the news of so many deaths in Haiti, my heart is heavy. A few years ago I knew nothing of Haiti, but my friends, Courtney & Brian introduced me to this country and the extreme poverty there through them trying to adopt two beautiful sisters in Haiti. My friends went to Haiti and shared their story of the living conditions there as well as how in dire the people of Haiti are in need of Christ. I quickly learned that Haiti is the devil's playground. And how corrupt the entire government system is. My friends were unsuccessful in there adoption after losing much money, but even worse after meeting these girls and after these girls became their children. My mind can not stop thinking of all those children in the orphanage my friends visited. I do know they are all alive today, praise the Lord!!! You can read more on Courtney's blog. Still they must be scared. I ask you and your family pray for all those who are mourning, scared, hungry, and lost in Haiti.

-Becky

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Beck. I love you!!!