Tuesday, December 16, 2008

2008 Christmas Newsletter

Dec. 2008

Dear Family & Friends,

Merry Christmas! We hope this letter finds you well.
As we approach the Christmas season we have been baking cookies; and driving around some nights to see the houses lit up. The boys love to do this! We also made rice krispy houses and then decorated them.
Joshua is 5 and now in Kindergarten. He loves playing on the playground and has mastered swinging with no grown up help. Joshua also played soccer this fall and his skills are greatly improving. He especially likes playing goalie. He also learned to ride his bike with no training wheels thanks to his grandpa. He also likes to ride his scooter around. Joshua loves people and will have conversations with anyone (sound like anyone else? –me –lol.) He is doing great at school. He especially enjoys computer class. Joshua likes to be read to and is starting to read some first reader books. He also loves to build with legos.
Jason is 11 and now in 5th grade. Jason is being home schooled this year and we participate in a home school co-op with about 25 other families. Jason is taking an art and art appreciation class and he has is very creative and talented. He especially pays good attention to details. He is also participating in Odyssey of the Mind. Last year his team took first place at the regionals. Jason still loves to read, and build stuff. Legos are still a favorite toy. Jason spent the summer studying for his hunting test, and in Sept. he passed and got his shotgun license. He and grandpa enjoy hunting together (thankfully, for me, they have yet to catch anything.)
I turned 29 this year. I am no longer doing in home daycare, although I do miss it. With the home school co-op it is not possible for me to do full time childcare. Instead I work in an office part time. The office I work in does Speech, Occupational, and Physical therapy for children, so I still get to see lots of children. In addition I teach the preschool class at the home school co-op. This summer I got a special treat and got to go away for 4 days by myself. I have never left both kids for more than 2 days. My wonderful mother watched the boys so I could visit friends and have me time. It was nice. But I did miss them.
We also all got to go to Ohio this summer to visit my grandparents. My brother, Kevin, came with us. We enjoyed relaxing on the lake, and stopping at Hershey Park on the way home. It was such a blessing to have a vacation alone and a vacation with the boys.
I cannot say enough how blessed we have been this year! We have a wonderful support system in all of you, a nice house, good food to eat, I have enough work to sustain us, and so much more, but what I am so grateful for is Jesus Christ who came to this earth 2000 plus years ago. He is the reason I am writing this letter and the reason for this upcoming season. His birth was amazing, but even more so is his death. He died so that you & I could have a way to know God personally. It is all so amazing. God loves you that much (and me too.) So I pray that your Christmas season is a blessed one and that you would take some time to learn more about why we celebrate the birth of a babe born in a manager.

I’d like to invite you to join us Christmas Eve at 6:00pm at Calvary Baptist Church on the corner of Lloyd Rd. and Church St. in Aberdeen, NJ or any Sunday at 10:30am. Hope to see you there!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Love,
Becky, Jason, & Joshua

3 comments:

fitncrafty said...

Wishing you all a very happy holiday season!!!

HS @ Our Debt Blog said...

Happy Holidays!

HS

Anonymous said...

Great letter as always!

Sorry I have bee a bad blog friend.