Saturday, November 21, 2009

Moving

I have not been blogging too much as I am in the process of moving. Yesterday I brought my computer to the new house and set it up, so I could have the internet and phone hooked up. I am going with Cablevision which is also Optimum. They gave me a better rate than Verizon for those two services and they have no contract. I am a little leery of having the phone through the cable, but I will give it time. We are not getting cable at this time (can't justify the $40 a month right now.)

Today I had some men from my church along with my mom and sister help me move. We did the couch and chair from the living room, my bed and night stand, my grill, my outdoor glass table and metal chair set, all the boxes from my attic (which is all holiday decorations, my fake Christmas tree, and all the out of season and too big clothes for next year), most of our homeschooling stuff, Josh's books, toys, and games, and more.

It is so amazing that the people from my church love me so much because of God and are willing to help bless me time and again. I am so appreciative.

I also can not express the appreciation I have for my mom who brought us breakfast (she also brought some for the two contractors we had doing work on new house.) Then she helped me by supervising the stuff that came to the new house, while I was at old house. Next she cleaned out my shed so we could use it for all the stuff from my attic (after the contractor put a new floor down.) While cleaning she had a shelf fall on her head and she really got hurt, pray for a speedy recover.

My sister was also a huge help. She cleaned my bathroom and set it up so it looks nice. She also helped with cleaning the shed and bagging lots of garbage.

We got so much accomplished today.

While we were doing all that the contractor (who happens to be Eric's friend since they were teenagers) and his helper removed the leaky window, closed up the hole, sheet rocked all the water damage, and resided where the window was. It looks great. The new siding is almost an exact match of old.

Having Eric's friend doing the work was sort of was a comfort since he was not there helping. It was still hard though. Especially when I found boxes with my wedding pictures and other pictures with Eric in them. But I know Eric wanted me to get this house, so he is in this move with me. Even though he is no longer here on earth he is still with me.

Tomorrow after church we are going to Eric's to help clear more of his stuff out so my mom can put his house on the market. Then my mom invited all his friend's over for pizza. That will be nice.

He has been gone for over 5 months and still it can be so hard. We all miss him so.

But overall today was a good day, much was accomplished, and we are that much closer to actually moving in to our new house.

-Becky

1 comments:

Jeannette said...

OUCH! is all I have to say.
I do believe some brain parts are on the floor- can you say bad headache day
Oh and the can which we thought were ashes, was lime. Poison, oh yes poison, I would have rather stuck my finger in ashes.
Good thing we didn't bother to put them in an urn... ha ha