Saturday, November 14, 2009

Painting, packing, and leaking windows oh my

Today Monica and I started painting my bedroom. I also have been doing some packing. Scott has been busy converting one room upstairs into two bedrooms and a hallway.

Of course, it would be unrealistic to expect no problems along the way. The window upstairs has been leaking in like crazy since it has been raining the past few days. It has been leaky for years, but I was hopeful to wait until I get my income tax refund to fix it. But I don't think I can wait. The worst thing is we don't know if it the roof, or window. There is some roof damage, not enough overhang on the roof, and the window slopes in instead of out. These things were in my home inspection, so it is not a complete surprise.

Tomorrow I have someone coming to look at it to see what can be done.

Still I am so thankful for Scott and Alex for all the work they are doing upstairs, Monica for watching my boys and helping me paint, and my mom for all she is doing.

Tomorrow after church will be more painting and packing.

What are you doing this weekend?

-Becky

4 comments:

Jeannette said...

It all will work out, you have the most awesome carpenter on your side, and I am not talking about Scott

Jeannette said...

although Scott is a good carpenter

Sherry said...

I saw your post on Frugal Dad..I lost my brother, my only sibling to suicide, 5 yrs ago this month. My prayers are with you, please feel free to email me via my blog...http://buzzandsherry.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Becky I am so happy that you and the boys have a new home
and also that you have such wonderful family and friends to help with painting and carpentry

I also want to say I am buying a pkg of diapers but couldnt find the comment button for the above post