Saturday, March 20, 2010

Eric

It is already the 20th. On the 14th it has been nine whole months since we lost Eric. Sometimes I am so proud of myself for doing better and taking positive steps (like one forward for every three back) to make my life better (trying to do it God's way, with His help.) Some days I take time to think of Eric and cry and laugh. But some days it just all hits me again.

Today when I was spending a little time alone I thought of Kevin who is in Texas visiting friends. That made me sad. Then I burst into tears thinking that Eric and my mom are the only people who have been in my life my entire life and have actually been there. I guess there are more (grandparents, aunts, etc.) but it's not the same as my big brother. He was three when I was born. I have never lived my life without him. It's hard.

-Becky

2 comments:

Jeannette said...

It is sad indeed, they say the memories will always be there, somehow that doesn't equal Eric still being here, its a painful long journey, but we still have each other.

ScottCC said...

Hi Becky
I just wanted to say that I was thinking about you today.
Scot