Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Eric

Last night I dreamt of Eric. It was present day time, but Eric had long hair as he had at 14.
I was adopting two children (a real dream of mine) and he was objecting. He didn't want me to mess up any more kids.
In my dream I didn't have the sorrow of losing him. I was just upset with him for not supporting my choice to adopt.

Then I woke up and immediately was reminded that he is not with us anymore. I was immediately struck with the longing to hear his voice for real. I would gladly take him in his harsh tone, "You can't do that."

And I am reminded that near the end I said to him, "I love you" as I often say to everyone I love, and he said it back. That has never happened. He was a man of few words. You knew he loved you by his actions, but hearing it for me was especially nice.

But I would trade that memory to have him back!
I would trade so much to have him back, but that is not an option.
It still is so hard!

-Becky

0 comments: