Monday, March 29, 2010

Sewing Classes

I just finished taking six beginner sewing classes. They were so helpful. I learned how to thread a bobbin, basic machine stuff (turning it on, etc), hems, how to do a zipper, how to make a small bag, and how to make pj bottoms.

I am going to take some other sewing classes as well:

-pillows and drapes
-bags, totes, and purses,
-shirts
-pants
-skirts

These are all separate classes. I can't wait for the bags, totes, and purses class.

I am super excited to get a sewing machine and do some other projects.

My goal is to re purpose fabric I already have (i.e. turn old flannel pj pants into some hankies.) I also want to make fabric gift bags so I don't have to buy wrapping paper. I figure if I use thrift store finds and turn them into gift bags it will be a good deal. Plus the recipient can use again.

I also want to make gifts for Christmas (pj's, totes, etc.)

And I am making my sister a gift, but it's a surprise so I can't share until after I give it to her.

I like getting back to basics. Plus I like knowing I can make stuff if needed.

-Becky

0 comments: