Saturday, April 3, 2010

How am I doing with 2010 financial goals

Here is a recap of my 2010 financial goals and how I am doing with them:

1) rebuild my emergency fund, starting with $1,000, and then to 6 months living expenses (about $10,000) -check

2) up my giving (after my tithe) to 10%, so I would be giving away 20% of my income (it is all God's anyway, our job is to be good stewards of His money and tell other's about Him) -check

3) add vacation fund:
-$800 for hotel, meals, and misc for 4 days in Washington D.C.
-$800 for gas, hotel, and meals for about 4 days to go to Ohio to visit my grandmother again.
-$1,200 for 3 plane tickets to visit my friend Courtney for a few days (I have wanted to do this for so long.) If I did drive I would have to rent a car which would be about $700 for a week and plus gas about $200. And staying in a hotel on the way there and back about $300, because it is too far for me to drive in one day. So it would be same cost. -have Ohio trip funded, but not other two trips

4) start fence fund, need about $6,000 to have fence installed -have not started

5) start pool fund (kids really want a pool), need about $2,500 to buy and have above ground pool installed with all chemicals and supplies needed to run for one year -we have decided not to add a pool

Not too bad. Realistically the fence fund will not start this year. Also the trip to visit Courtney will probably not either, but I think we will be able to swing D.C. trip in fall.

0 comments: