Monday, April 5, 2010

Weight Watchers

As you may realize in the few pics I post of myself, I need to lose some weight (about 60lbs to be exact.)

Three years ago (before my ankle drama began,) I started Weight Watchers and lost 22lbs.

I have decided to start again.

Last Monday was my first meeting. So this week I have been doing the plan. I wrote down everything I ate (part of WW plan.) I tried to stay within my daily points (I did everyday except yesterday.) I have 26 points daily, plus an extra 35 weekly (to be used a little at a time or on a splurge.) I tried to drink at least 6 glasses water a day (also recommended by them.) I also tried to get my 5-7 fruits and veggies in. Not to hard for me, as I like fruits and veggies a lot.

It has been a huge reminder about what I am putting in my mouth, especially stuff I don't like that much. Why bother? Also realizing what a serving is. I could eat many cashews, but a serving is only 3 tablespoons. I realize before I was eating a few servings. Yikes!

I believe God gave us food to enjoy, and we should, but in moderation. Plus some food (especially some processed stuff that does not even resemble food) is not worth it. I also believe my body is His temple, but I am misusing it. I need healthier foods, less food, and more exercise. This is a sin in my life.

WW is helping me to treat His temple better.

Tonight I went to my second meeting and I was down 6.2 lbs. I think some of that is that I had heavier clothes on last week, plus it was the beginning of my time of the month (which makes me bloated,) but some of that was weight loss, so I am excited!

Usually a healthy weight loss is about 1/2-2 lbs. a week, but they said the first few weeks you may lose more. I also may not lose anymore this week, because I lost so much last week.

The best thing is my cousin, and three friends are all doing WW as well, so we have more accountability. We are not going to same meetings, but can talk about challenges and victories together. WW recommends having a buddy, and I have four. Yeah!

I will post weekly struggles and successes here.

Anyone else on WW or a similar plan?

-Becky

1 comments:

Denise Punger MD IBCLC said...

Congratulations on your initial success.Keep up the great work. I eat a lot of cashews, but I am sure to buy them raw and I often use them in recipes. I'll be reading for your progress.:)