Friday, April 30, 2010

Ohio Trip

Last Sunday we left NJ to drive to Ohio. We, was my brother, Kevin, my boys Jason and Joshua, and myself. We left about 12 in the afternoon. It is an 8 hour drive. We got to Ohio Sunday night about 8. We checked into the hotel and then went to see my grandmother.

The boys and I stayed at the Best Western and Kevin stayed with my grandmother. We like that the hotel has an indoor pool and free continental breakfast.

Monday we went to the Football Hall of Fame and spent time with my grandmother. Tuesday we hang out in hotel and spent time with my grandmother. We also took my grandmother to Friendly's. She loves to go there. We also stopped by a cemetery that had my great and great great grandparents. My grandmother also has two plots there. It was interesting to see some old family headstones.

Wed. we hung out with my grandmother some more and then we left about 1:00 in the afternoon.

It was really nice to spend time with my grandmother again. The sad thing is her health is ailing and she lives alone since my grandfather died last year. She refuses a nursing home. She doesn't even really want to leave her home either (which I so get, my grandfather and great grandfather built it!)

Please pray for her health and decisions regarding living. Thanks!

-Becky

0 comments: