Sunday, May 2, 2010

My weekend

Yesterday I slept in as my kids slept out. Then I mowed about 1/2 my yard. I had never used a gas mower before so it was challenging. It was harder to push then my old electric one, plus the gas stunk so bad. I have to look for a used electric one. Anyway my yard looks ridiculous because I left triangles of unmowed areas. I will get those areas next time around. And the baby in me has to say, it was hard work. I don't remember it being so hard mowing my old lawn. I was hot and sweaty (but at least it counts as exercise.) I guess the fact that my new yard is at least 2X's bigger than my old yard makes it more challenging. Or maybe it was because it was about 85 degrees out yesterday, and I did grass at 1:00pm which is about hottest part of the day.














Ok, enough whining. After I did the grass I went to work and the kids I babysit for and I made pillowcases and water bottle holders. It was fun.

cat fabric he picked

she picked polka dot fabric

water bottle holder with left over fabric

















Last night I could not fall asleep, so again this morning I did not get up in time for church. Instead I did go food shopping and I had my mom and sister over for burgers and veggies on the grill. That was really nice.

Now I am going to put the kids to bed and fold and put away about 6 loads of clean laundry (WHERE DOES IT ALL COME FROM?)

How was your weekend?

-Becky

1 comments:

Rose said...

I totally understand the laundry stuff. Here is an idea what we do in our house is put laundry in piles. (You know place the piles on their beds and then they put it away.)