Sunday, May 2, 2010

Pampered Chef

Tonight I used my new Pampered Chef grill basket and grill tray to grill veggies. Veggies were a bit dry, but I forgot to add any olive oil.

So far I have done two Pampered Chef shows. One was at my house. I had some sales, but I am finding I am buying stuff myself too. This was not the idea.

I had to put out $165 for new starter kit (which includes lots of product,) plus $45 for paperwork supplies (catalogs and order forms.) Then I spent another $300 ordering more product (like my grilling baskets that I used tonight.)

I got into this to make money, but now I have spent over $500. My commission (which I will get next month) is 20% of all sales, so that will be about $100 so far, so that makes my out of pocket expenses about $400.

I have to commit to not buy anything else until after I have made another $400 in commission. My thought behind it was the more I have to show when I do shows, the more I will sell. But I can't get too carried away.

I currently have a catalog show out that will conclude tomorrow. And another that will conclude at the end of the week. Hopefully that will bring in more sales.

I also have a cooking show booked May 21st. But I need to book more cooking shows.

My goal is to make all the money I put out back (the around $500 so far) and then decide if I will continue. If no then at least I will have gotten all that product for free, plus whatever I don't use I can sell.

Anyway if you'd like to host a catalog show let me know and I will mail you catalogs. As a host you get free product (if you have sales,) discounted products, and a 10% discount on anything you buy from Pampered Chef for one year. The items would be shipped right to you.

Thanks!

-Becky

p.s. if you do any direct sales, please share some tips for success!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish you nothing but success, Becky, but hope that you are cautious as well. Direct sales "just to make a little extra money" can be extremely difficult. Most often, the people who really make any money (even a little extra) are those who recruit other salespeople to be in their downline. You've chosen a company with great products (I have several PC products that I love and use often), but they aren't consumable, so there will be a limit to what folks will purchase. It sounds like the most important things for you are to be persistent in trying to secure shows, and not to give too much away in host incentives. Good luck! :)

Becky R said...

I think if I recruit someone to sell I only get 1% of their commission, so that is not a great incentive.

I am realizing though that actually making extra money is probably not going to happen.

I will be happy if I make my money back so all my product will be free (not including the time I put out.)

Anonymous said...

Pyramid Schemes are not the greatest way to make money. I wish you the best though.

Becky R said...

Pampered Chef is not a pyramid scheme. I sell the product directly to consumers and make a 20% commission off all sales (but not on tax, specials, and shipping.)

It is like Avon or Mary K or Lia Sophia or Discovery Toys.

Basically instead of someone going to Sears to buy kitchen stuff they can buy from me. Plus Pampered Chef guarantees all products for a year or more. That is pretty good.

My hesitations are that I think I would have to hold 4 parties a week to make about $200 in commission. I don't know that many people. Plus I don't have time to hold 4 parties a week.

Becky R said...

Winnie,
thanks for the tips. I will be talking with th elady above me this week. I am sure she will give me lots of good tips.
Have a great trip!
I will drop a catalog in the mail to you for when you return.

Becky R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky R said...

Comment from Winnie:

"I used to be a Princess House Consultant. I won trips and made money too! The idea is to hold your cooking shows and have the hostess invite people that you don't know, hopefully they will book shows and you will be out of your circle of friends. Also I held 3 shows a week. Has whoever recruited you or your manager taught you how to hostess coach. By that I mean setting goals for your hostess and giving her small incentives when she reaches them. Have you thought about how much in sales you want from each show? Does PC have training meetings? Also if you send me a catalog I will place an order. I live in a rural area so don't know too many people. I have some pampered Chef products and love them.

I wish you much success, it can be fun!
Love,
Winnie"