Thursday, May 6, 2010

Delicious Smoothie




My new favorite thing to drink / eat is a green smoothie. (I say eat because they are filling.)









It is so simple to make, here's what I do:

add 1 cup spinach (fresh) and 1 cup water
blend
add banana, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries (everything except banana was frozen)(any fruit will do, if not frozen add a few ice cubes)
blend
add 2 tablespoons flax seed (optional)
blend again

Makes two huge smoothies that are only 2 Weight Watchers points each. Plus they give you lots of natural energy. And you are getting one serving veggie and two servings fruit with each serving.

Josh and I love these. I made them for all the kids and moms in our homeschool group on Tuesday and they were a big hit there as well.

2 comments:

Jeannette said...

Yup they are good, I don't like my fruit frozen, maybe as the summer heat gets worse I may change my mind. But I don't leave the house without my smoothie...

Denise Punger MD IBCLC said...

Yeah for you and all the people you share with!