Wednesday, May 26, 2010

How is it possible?



















A huge homeschooling annoyance of mine is pencils. Just today Josh broke three doing his schoolwork.

It seems we break or lose so many pencils. And now we have no pencil sharpeners, so when I found the 300 or so unused pencils we couldn't quiet find last week I couldn't actually sharpen them unless I let the kids whittle them. Which although sounds appealing to them doesn't help the fact that they need to finish their schoolwork in a timely matter.

It seems a small inconvenience, but it is so annoying.

Where are you when I need you?













We even got an electric pencil sharpener, but it already broke. I wonder are we doing something wrong? Did I forget to teach my kids pencil care?

At least we are finally done with schoolwork today (after Joshua finished his math in pen.)

-Becky

f.y.i. My kids each have there own school supply box that gets returned to same spot everyday. At beginning of year, they each had two new pencil sharpeners plus lots of unused pencils. Now the pencil sharpeners have all broken, and my boys still lack the ability to put their pencil back in their boxes, so the boxes never seem to have pencils. AHHH!!!

0 comments: