Thursday, May 20, 2010

Today

Today I actually got up at 8:30am. The boys and I had breakfast and did some schoolwork. Then I had a focus group (to earn money.)

When I got home we took the rest of our schoolwork down to Sandy Hook. We finished our work outside, enjoying an awesome cool ocean breeze and amazing view. We finished just in time to take the last (free) tour to the top of the oldest working lighthouse in the United States. This lighthouse was built before the Declaration of Independence was even signed. Amazing!

Sandy Hook Lighthouse

view from top














The view was so great from the top. It was such a clear day. You could see so much of Sandy Hook and New York.

Next we toured some of the beach trails and old army fortresses. We see something new every time we go.

walking along trail

boys climbing old army wall
they made it halfway to the top (Jason threw down his hat and sweatshirt. By the way notice his haircut?)







My big fear was the poison ivy which is everywhere. I am highly allergic and don't want to miss my sister's baby's birth because I am covered in it. But otherwise we had a great time.







Then the kids and I decided to go to Applebee's for dinner since Josh got a gift card for there for his birthday. We had a relaxing, yummy dinner. Plus the manager was so impressed (he stopped by to check on us) that Josh was paying he gave him a free dessert. Josh was so excited. Josh let Jason pick the dessert and they shared it (alright I had a bite or two too.)

Now I am exhausted, but I want to take a relaxing bath. Of course Jason is still up waiting for me to lay with him. So much for the bath or folding the clean laundry that I was going to do after the bath (once I lay with Jason I will fall asleep.)

How was your day?

-Becky

p.s. my sister is officially past her due date. She went to the doctor's today and the doctor did something to try and move things along, but baby looks and feels and is doing well, so it is just a waiting game.

0 comments: