Monday, May 10, 2010

Compassion Child





We sponsor a child named Edelson through Compassion Child. He is 15 years old. We have been able to sponsor him for over two years. We share letters and we send him photos and other flat items (bookmark, etc.) It has been such a blessing to our family.

Today God put it on our hearts to sponsor another child, so they boys just picked a 10 year old boy living in Africa who has been waiting over 6 months for a sponsor.

I wish we could sponsor many children, but the reality is money is very tight here. Truthfully I am not sure how I am going to afford another $38 a month, but Jason is going to give $10 and Jason is going to give $8 from there allowance (this was there idea.) I will come up with the other $20. I am sure God will allow me a way to do so, by providing extra work, things I no longer need and can sell, or some other way.

So I ask that you would pray about sponsoring a child as well. Check out there website. This is a legit company with Christ as the center. The even let all sponsors share in there annual financial report. I trust they are using the funds to glorify God. I trust they are very good stewards of this money as well.

0 comments: