Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Pampered Chef product reviews

I want to say I love the Pampered Chef citrus press. I just made the boys their green smoothies. Josh's had orange, banana, spinach, and milk. Jason's had banana, spinach, and milk. We also made fresh lemonade with dinner (sweetened with pure stevia.) The Pampered Chef citrus press got so much juice out of the lemons and oranges. Much more than my plastic hand juicer. And I didn't have to pull out my electric juicer (which is a lot to clean for such a small amount of juice.)


I have to say though I am not loving the grilling baskets. Tonight was the second time I used them and the veggies I grilled were horrible. (I ate them, but didn't even make the kids eat them.) They were so dry. I even put oil on them. When I put my veggies in foil with a little water they come out delicious on the grill. I bought the grilling baskets so I didn't have to use all that foil.
I also put the pork chops on the grilling tray and they were very hard to turn when it was time too.

Just found this on Pampered Chef website and I didn't do any of it (oops):

"Use and Care
Wash prior to first use; dishwasher-safe. Use a kitchen brush between uses to remove food build-up from mesh.
Pre-heat grill following grill manufacturer's directions.
Spray Grill Basket with vegetable oil or non-stick spray.
For best results, allow basket to pre-heat by placing on hot grill for approximately 30 seconds.
Carefully place food into basket and cook following recipe directions. It will be necessary to use a heat safe tool to stir food periodically for even cooking.
BBQ Basket will naturally darken with each use."


Just found this online, looks yummy:
Grilled Mushroom & Onion Basket
Ingredients:
1 lb (500 g) mushrooms, halved
2 medium onions, sliced 1/4 in. (6 mm) thick
1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
1 tsp (5 mL) salt
1/4 tsp (1 mL) coarsely ground black pepper
3/4 cup (175 mL) grape tomatoes
2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped parsley
1/4 cup (50 mL) crumbled goat cheese

Directions:
1. Prepare grill for cooking over medium-high heat. Place BBQ Grill Basket on grill and preheat 3 minutes. In large bowl, combine mushrooms, onions, oil, salt and black pepper; mix well. Add mushroom mixture to basket. Grill, undisturbed, 7 minutes. Shake basket using tongs; grill additional 5 minutes. Add tomatoes to basket; grill 3-4 minutes or until mushrooms are browned and onions begin to caramelize. Remove basket from grill.

2. Return mushroom mixture to large bowl. Add lemon juice and parsley to mixture; mix well. Pour into serving bowl and top with crumbled goat cheese.

Yield: 4 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 110, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 12 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 620 mg, Fiber 3 g


After I use basket properly and try this or another yummy recipe I will post another review of the grilling tray and basket

-Becky

0 comments: