Saturday, May 8, 2010

Yuck



The ants go marching one by one hurrah hurrah.














I have so many tiny ants in my kitchen. It is driving me crazy. I have tried vinegar. I have tried cinnamon. I have tried borax. None of these have worked. Almost every time I walk in my kitchen there is a line of them walking somewhere. I am not a clean fanatic, but I do clean my counters daily (actually more than daily, since I also wipe them down after I prep food.)

Online I keep finding advice on sealing holes they get in, but under my house is a dirt craw space and lots of places for ants to get in, so that is out.

I can't afford to call an exterminator, and I don't want to use harsh chemicals around my house.

I need your advice please!

-Becky

3 comments:

GAmomdb said...

I haven't had any issues with ants, but I have read that chyanne (sure that is misspelled) works. It is cheap and at least worth a try. Good Luck!
Donna

savings said...

pure orange oil. It's hard to find, slightly pricey, but it WORKS. trust me. Just spray it around where you think they're coming in, or just everywhere. It's natural, and it gets rid of them.

Becky said...

I had ants in my old house and tried a bunch of natural remedies first. Finally, I gave in and bought the ant bait "houses" (I figured at least I wasn't spraying toxic chemicals into the air). The houses were the only thing that worked for me.