Saturday, May 8, 2010

Today

Today I got to sleep until 8:30am. The kids were at my mom's, so it was really quiet when I got up. I spent a few extra minutes putting on make-up and fixing my hair. Then I met my mom, grandma, sister, two aunts, step grandmother, cousin, and niece at our church's annual mother's day brunch. All the men cook and clean for the ladies. It is a lot of fun.

Afterwards my mom, sister, and brother went to Best Buy to help my sister get a new laptop. Outside was a blood mobile. If you donated blood you got a $15 Best Buy gift card. So I made my brother do it with me. After a questionnaire, having my temperature taken, and having my fingers pricked I was denied (they said my iron was 12.4, but for them needs to be at least 12.5.) But Kevin passed. So this cracked me up that he had to give blood, but I didn't and yet it was my idea.

While Kevin was giving blood I walked with my mom and sister to Ulta. It is a beauty supply store on steroids. It is big. Plus they have a salon inside it. And cosmetic counters like at the mall. I felt so out of place. Plus there were lots of smells (perfume and such) that overwhelm me. But I did buy myself two turquoise made in America hair barrettes because as I got dressed this morning and did my hair I had nothing pretty to put in it. And turquoise is my all time favorite color.

Now I am at work, babysitting two adorable 9 year old twins. They will be 10 in June. I have been babysitting them since they were 4 years old. I come about two times a month on Saturday and occasionally on other days as well. We painted a pot and planted an herb garden for the mom who loves to cook really healthy stuff. We also made a herb plant care guide book with recipes using fresh herbs. I added the kids picture to it. It all came out so cute.

aren't they so sweet

-Becky

0 comments: