Saturday, June 5, 2010

Great Adventure

Joshua
my nephew, Alex















The boys and I went to Six Flags, Great Adventure all day. We went on rides, had food, and went to a Third Day concert at night. The kids had a really good time. I did too, but this blog is about me, (lol) and it was really hot. I drank like 100 ounces of water. I thought I might pass out. I literally put sunblock on every hour.

But during the concert singing along with the band and worshipping the Lord with my kids was amazing! At one point the band asked us all to hold hands with the person on our right and left and pray for those people as well. The guy next to Jason reached out his hand and Jason took it. I almost starting crying. With his sensory issues, that was big!

I am happy to report the kids are sunburn free, and so am I about 95%. I got sunburn on my head, I didn't put sunblock on my head (eww.) I should have wore something on it, but thankfully I am not in much pain from it.

I was really happy Great Adventure had trees for shade, so as kids went on rides I could wait in shade for them. Also park was really clean and well staffed.

Knowing how expensive everything is at amusement parks, I tried to be as frugal as possible. I thought I was was prepared, we ate breakfast before we left, we brought lots of drinks and snacks, and had a prepaid lunch voucher (part of the concert package.) I thought I was covered not bringing any cash, but I was wrong. We were not allowed any bags, purses, even water bottles on any ride, so outside each ride they had lockers that were for one time use while you were on that ride for your stuff. They were $1 each time (only good while you went on that ride.) I had a small bag with my sunblock, keys, and water bottle. I needed these all day and could not leave in car (unless I went back to car every hour, not realistic.) So I ended up not going on the rides so the kids could and I could watch the stuff. What a jip!

Even if I did have cash it would have cost $15 or more for me to go on all the rides. I get that some rides it is not safe to have a small bag, but we used to just leave our stuff at platform (and all the times I'd been there as a kid never had anything stolen.)

Oh well, live and learn, and always carry cash (my mom's always telling me to carry cash just in case.)

What did you do today?

-Becky

1 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

I'm glad you guys had a wonderful time!

That is so weird about the lockers, I've never heard of that... but then again I never go to amusement parks... I would have done like you and stayed behind to save the $15 or so!!