Saturday, June 12, 2010

Proud of myself

I just mended two shirts. This is the first time I have ever mended clothes. They both had small holes. One is also stained but I am making coffee to dye it in, so hopefully it will look nice afterwards.

I also fit in a pair of capri's that last year I did not, which is a huge blessing because the capri's I have been wearing almost everyday since it got warm have a hole (that may not be mendable, I will try to patch, but am unsure if it will work.)
I also found two pairs of shorts that also fit me.

So now for summer I have for bottoms:
one pair of capri's, possibly two (if I can mend one pair)
two pairs of shorts
one denim skirt (that is casual enough to wear daily)
three summer skirts (more dressy to wear to church and out to eat, etc.)

I just did all laundry so I can see how many shirts I have for summer. I know I have two nice white blouses that will go with nicer skirts. I think I have about 6 casual shirts I can wear daily, but still leave the house in (and still looking put together.) I also have a few more shirts that can be worn around house for cleaning and yard work and do projects with kids, but not actually leaving the house.

As far as shoes go I have a nice pair of sandals and a casual pair (that needs replacing, but will do for the rest of summer.) I also have a pair of hiking type sandals.

I found two old bathing suits. Neither is in great condition, but with a t-shirt worn over will do the job.

I absolutely need to budget for next summer to get:
new bathing suit (I need good upper support, so this can be costly)
new Birkenstocks (these are my casual sandals, I buy a new pair every few years. So comfortable and worth every penny!!!)
some new casual shirts

But I feel so blessed to have enough clothes, shoes, and swimwear to last all summer.

I also am so blessed to have working wash machine to clean my clothes, and a dryer and clothesline.

How is your summer wardrobe?

-Becky

1 comments:

Kiora said...

Can I be nosey and ask what size you wear? I have so much clothing that I would love to give some to someone who could use it. I am happy to mail free of charge to you if your interested in some. I have been blessed with so much and have decided it is time to simplify. We are cleaning out and giving away. I have so much that still has tags attached it is almost embarrassing. Check out my blog, I am truly legit. I am sure this sounds so strange coming from a complete stranger. I happened upon you blog a number of months ago from a link. It's been too long, I truly don't remember how. I usually check on the blogs that touch me ocassionally. If I don't hear back from you I will assume it was just too weird. But, if not, I would love to help.

heartwarmingtherapyatblogspotdotcom