Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Lunch

Courtney over at Storing Up Treasures posted about her yummy lunch, so I thought I'd post ours:

boys:
organic strawberries
blueberries
peaches
organic mac and cheese (not much healthiest then Kraft I am sure)

me:
green smoothie with
2 cups spinach
1 1/2 bananas
4 organic strawberries
handful blueberries
1/4 cup flax seed (ground up)
1 1/2 cups organic plain yogurt
1 cup water

optional: add some Stevia or honey or sweetener, this was not that sweet

This recipe made entire 40 ounce blender full, which is enough for a few smoothies.

I am also going to have steamed organic cauliflower in a few minutes.

I am trying to use up all the food we have before I go food shopping again.

Tonight we eat dinner at church.

What did you eat for lunch?

-Becky

4 comments:

Jeannette said...

salad, walnuts, cranberries, and then I topped it off with a bag of WISE pc

Anonymous said...

:-O

A serving of flax seed is 2 tbsp!! 1/4 cup has about 10 grams of fat in it. It's healthy, but I think you're eating far too much of it.

Becky R said...

This was for a blendar full of smoothies, which makes about 3-4 smoothies. Plus it was ground and not really packed into the 1/4 measuring cup.
Thanks for the tip though.
As far as fat goes today I have had all fruit, and veggies, so I need some healthy fat anyway.
I will look into how much flax daily is healthy.

Sisters of the Blog said...

Lobster roll! I decided to splurge when i was running errands, and had to go right past a place that makes excellent ones.

I waited too long to eat, though, so i finished up the last bit of tunafish from yesterday, too with a few wheat crackers.

megan