Sunday, November 11, 2007

Garage sale

Well, yesterday I was up at 6:30 getting stuff ready for and setting up yard sale. Weather looked questionable, but no rain. Well we had about 10 customers. My aunt made $22, I made $16. My mom & sister helped us as well. So 4 people working from 8:00am-2:00pm. 6 hours of work, not really worth so little money. But I got lots of stuff gone from my house. Plus I got lots of exercise lugging stuff to sell yesterday. And I have a baby shower to go to on Sat., so the $16 is for a gift (I bought a pack of diapers and wipes.) And I spent time with my aunt, mom, sister, and Grandmother (who made good chicken soup for lunch.)
I am not sure if I think garage sales are worth it. Last time we had one I made about $85 and my mom about $60. This was not too bad. But my friend does yard sales for an organization she fund raises for and at her last sale she made about $1400 after expenses. Now this was for selling Fri., & Sat. So two days of work plus all the prep work. Now that is worth it. But I never have that much to sell. I'd rather freecycle the stuff.
Now I need to come up with a new way to save for a dryer. I work Mon.-Fri. from 6:50am-5:30 pm, so a second job nights is out of the question (plus I have no sitter.) Most Saturdays I babysit at night, but this is now our food money. I am going to try and sell some stuff on eBay. I will let you know how it works.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY LEGIT & LEGAL WAYS I CAN EARN EXTRA MONEY FROM HOME! Thanks! -Becky

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Payperpost!!! I made $300 last month just doing advertisements on my blog.