Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Saturday

Hello! Saturday was a very nice day for me. I had a baby shower to go to. The shower was 1:00-5:00. So my mom said she would take the kids early so I could get ready. I slept until 10:00am, then hung out with the kids a little. Then they left with my mom at 11:30am. Then I took a shower and got dressed with no one bothering me. It was so great. I even got dressed up and put make up on. The baby shower was very nice. My pregnant friend looked so awesome. She is having her first baby. I also got to see some old friends I have not seen in a few years. It was nice to have adult conversations, even though most went like this, "How are the kids?" "fine." "How old are they now?" "9 & 4." etc., etc. Apparantly I am pretty boring. I also felt bad cause I had no pictures of the kids on me. I had some on my cell, but it's so tiny, oh and the screen is cracked in half (thanks Joshua.) I guess I figure I see them all the time, why do I need photos in my wallet.
I really did have a nice time though. Not having to worry about anyone else for a little bit is really nice to me. Then after the shower I went home to change then I went to work. Sat. nights I babysit for an awesome set of 7 year old twins. They are well behaved, polite, so creative, and actually fun. They listen to me so that helps. They were in bed and asleep by 8:00 (a mother's dream) and I got more quiet alone time until 9:30 when parents came home. This was the best day. Plus my mom kept the kids over night so I slept in house all alone all night. Pure bliss!
It really is the simple things that make me happy. Thanks mom! I really needed all that me time. -Becky

2 comments:

Jeannette said...

Well we do have shared custody. I love having the children over, I love it even more when you take them back,, ha ha

Anonymous said...

Who's baby shower? Anyone I know?

How is Lauren?