Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Hi

Hello! I wanted to post. I am so excited that it is almost summer. I just explained our summer schedule to the kids. They are happy to have some home time and friend house time too (on Mondays.) Plus we bought a pool (a semi permanent one) and they can't wait to blow it up. My mom so kindly bought an air pump yesterday so we can blow it up.
Today I watched the sweetest boy from my church. He is autistic. I have been telling his mom to bring him over for a while so she could get a break, she finally took me up on it and I watched him once last week, and then today too. He is so cute. He does not talk too much but at one point he got in my lap and gave me a kiss and then I read him a book.It was so cool. I felt such joy from him. His mom is so sweet, she was so grateful, but I feel like I was blessed by watching him, he was so sweet. God is so good. I feel like at our church we have such a network of those to help and who have been there, so we can be a resource to each other. I am glad this family is at our church and that I can help them out.
Well, we are off to church now. -Becky

3 comments:

Salzwedel Family said...

I'm sure you were a real blessing to this family!

Anita said...

I just LOVE the fact that as a church family we have sooo many resources available to us. We have older parents who can give advice, we have good playmates for our kids, we have clothes that we can pass around from one family to the next, we have plenty of people that we can 'chew the fat' with because of all the common interests we have together. It's no wonder the world thinks that kids are expensive and that anymore than 1 kid will destroy you financially and socially; they dont have the church. I love my church and am sooo thankful to be a part of the body of believers!

Becky R said...

this is exactly how I feel about my church, we all pass stuff around, babysit for each other, share advice, pray for and with each other, and so much more. Last year hen I broke my ankle I was devasted. I run an in home daycare and needed that income. For 6 weeks either my mom or someone from church came over to help me with my kids and daycare kids. They cleaned my house and did my shopping. It was amazing! And I would do the same for them. -Becky