Sunday, June 15, 2008

too busy to blog?

Lately with my new office job Mon. 10:00-4:30 & Thur. 9:30-4:30, my daycare kids that I still am watching, plus finishing up the year with the Wed. evening children's church program, Jason and Josh end of the year school stuff, getting ready for vacation Bible school in July, keeping up with the yard and house (we have ants and termites-AHHHHH!!!!), plus my walk with the Lord and my general mommy responsibilities I have not been blogging too much! I miss it, so I wanted to say hi!

My new job is great. I love the 40 min drive to work driving over a few scenic bridges. I love being in the car with no screaming, whiny, yelling kid, this is so new to me. I do still feel sad leaving kids home, but Mondays they are with friends (way more fun than me) and Thur. they are with my mom (again way more fun then me.) Plus I still have Tues., Wed., & Fri. home with them, plus the weekends. I also am starting to get a hang of the work, and think I am doing ok there. The people are all really nice and although I am really busy, it is not the same as being with kids busy. It is a nice change for me. I also like getting a little dressed up to go to work, this is also a nice change for me.

Friday is my last day for full time daycare. This is sad as I have loved all the kids so. For the summer I will still be doing part time care Tues. 8:30-1:30 and Fridays 8:30-5:00. Come Sept. I will not be doing any daycare, but may swap some childcare with a friend as one day a week I will need someone to pick Joshua up from school.

For the past three years I have been the director of our church's Wed. evening children's program. I have loved it, but it has been a huge job. I have stepped down for next year (as I am going to be doing co-op and work & homeschooling,) and my prayers have been answered and a wonderful couple who are both teachers are going to run it next year! I am so glad as it is such a needed program. We need God everyday, but it is nice to go to church Wed. and Sunday.

School will be over in 5 days, Friday is the kids last day. I have to finish up with the teacher gifts. I bought tote bags that my kids are using fabric markers to decorate for there teachers. Jason has two teachers. Joshua has three. Wed. Joshua will have his preschool graduation. He does not want to go, so we will see if he cooperates. I will try to get some cute pictures.
Jason will be in 5th grade next year, Joshua will be in kindergarten. Jason will be home with me. Joshua will be at the public school (that he and Jason are in now.)

For vacation Bible school at my church I will be teaching the 2 and 3 year olds. I have another teacher who I am very excited about working with. We already have some fun decorations for the Luau theme. We are meeting Tues. to plan lessons and crafts.

I will update about ants and termites in house after I talk to professional.

My walk with the Lord has been suffering, pray I wake up and have my time with the Lord, and put Him first in all I do. I know that I can't get too busy for Him or my life suffers and it has, I am more stressed and yelling especially at my boys alot more lately. Pray for me to stop this!!!

Well, that is my update, oh an exciting thing is Duane is coming again on 4th of July. We are going to go to the beach Fri. with my boys to go swimming, and do fireworks at night! Sat. is VBS set up day and he is going to help us set up, Sat, later we are going to a barbecue at my mom's. Sunday will be church and he will go home. I am so excited for a visit with him. We talk on the phone almost daily, but a visit is so much nicer! Yipee!!!

Another great thing is that Monica's husband was very ill (not great) and taken to the hospital last week, he was diagnosed with GBS (I think) but they caught it early so he is doing really well (the great part!). But keep him in prayer as he still has weeks off from work to recover and such. He is only 33 and in great shape, which I think is why he is doing so well. PTL!

Have a great night or day (depending on when you are reading this.) -Becky

1 comments:

Jeannette said...

Glad life is treating you greeat, I love the enthusiasm in your voice
I will gladly call you each morning at 6:30 am just so you can get in some God time :}