Tuesday, June 10, 2008

huh? phone & online services-trying to save money

I currently pay just under $60 a month for my home phone and verizon dsl internet. I am happy with both services, but in an effort to save money I just called to see the rates for service if I cancel my call waiting, and extras. Well, because I have a bundle it would be almost the same price (difference about .30 cents.) The only way I can save money is if I reduce from the higher internet to the slower speed, it will be about $13 less a month, since my internet is so important I am not sure it is worth it. Come Oct. my bill will be going up about $25 (after a year I loss the bundle rate and discounts.) At that point I am losing all extras features and may go down to slower internet or try a different internet all together.
My question to you what do you pay for phone, and what does it include (call waiting, long distance, etc.?)
And what do you pay for internet, and what type, dial up, dsl, high speed online, etc? Do you have both on one bill?
We do not have any tv services (no cable not even basic) so we can't cut that.
I did just cancel our Netflix (saving $9 a month) as we will be going to library for summer.
-Becky

1 comments:

Anita said...

Our phone bill comes to about $95 a month. We have high speed internet which is included in the price. All my long distance phone calls are also included in that price which is good because phoning anyone in my family requires long distance calling. We have call display and call waiting. I'm not sure if this is helpful because I live in Canada, and we have different companies and currency. Hopefully you can find a good plan that works for you. Have a great day:)