Tuesday, September 15, 2009

3 months gone by

3 months ago we discovered my brother Eric was dead. In a way it sees no time has passed at all, yet it also seems that it could have been years ago. Today my family (my mom, my sister, my other brother, my kids, Duane, and I) went to my mom's for dinner. We had pasta with my mom's wonderful meatballs. We also had Italian bread. Yummy!

It was nice to be together, but sad that we are missing Eric so much.

Plus there are still so many decisions to be made. What to do with Eric's dog, Bullet? (Sammie is currently taking care of her.) What to do with his house? What to do with his ashes? He currently is at my mom's. We did decide we are going to get a memorial plaque and put it next to my brother Adam's grave. We also are going to get some jewelry made with some of his ashes. That is healing, yet still I wish we did not have to make any of these decisions.

Sometimes I think Eric is on a vacation and he will return soon, but ever time my family gathers and he is not there is a reminder that he will never return.

I wonder how can my life continue to go on, even for me, yet his never will? It is still so hard.

-Becky

2 comments:

Jeannette said...

and your not over it yet????
You should be forgetting all about Eric by now.

GAmomdb said...

My dear Becky

I must thank you for writing to my son. That was so kind and he appreciated heaing from you.

I can't say that I understand where you are, but I do know that the first times are so difficult. You want so badly for things to be normal, and you know that normal has changed forever. I don't have any answers for you and no wisdom to pass on. I sincerely wish that I did. Just know that your family is in my prayers.

Donna