Monday, September 28, 2009

Obeying God is hard

It is not easy for me to write as I am so sad today. Duane left on a plane back to NE this afternoon. He and I met online just over two years ago. We have been dating on and off for about a year and a half (mostly long distance.)

In Feb. of this year he had moved here to try and get work. He rented a room from my brother. After about 6 weeks he left (ran out of money.)

He came again in July for a brief visit and then again at the end of July to try and once again get a job. Again he was unable to find work. So out of money he had to return home.

I feel him leaving was positive because we both felt that it was from God, however I enjoyed having him around.
And I will miss him.

Obeying God is so hard, I am not sure why as His ways are always better than our ways, yet still my old sinful heart wants what it wants, NOW!

Honestly, having Duane around was a huge temptation and my walk with the Lord has suffered because of it. I do not blame Duane, I am responsible for all my own decisions.

I will be real here, being a single mom is hard, and staying pure after having already had experiences is hard as well. Maybe not for others, but certainly for me. So having Duane in NE is a good boundary for me right now. Pray that I will use this time to get reacquainted with the Lord. I desire to put Him first in all I do.

Even though I know God has amazing plans for my life, yet I am still sad today.

-Becky

1 comments:

Jeannette said...

You should feel sad, Duane was important to you and to Jason and Joshua, but don't let the sadness keep you from remembering the fun you had the past two months.
He will return, I have no doubt