Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Chris

My friend and mentor, Chris passed away last night. I am so glad she is not in pain anymore. I am so glad she is now rejoicing with the King. But I also selfishly still want her to be on earth with her family and church family.
She was a huge blessing to my life and to everyone else in her life as well. She was always smiling. Never critical. She radiated joy.
She was the light we are called to be. I need to be more like her (closer to the Lord.)

Chris is all the way to the right

6 comments:

Becky said...

I'm so sorry.

HS @ Our Debt Blog said...

Sorry.. I often wonder why god or life takes good people like that and leaves others here...

Jeannette said...

Nice photo, a cherished memory
sadness is okay, Chris will be missed

Jeannette said...

HS, because God wants to see how we as christians will act towards the difficult and unfriendly. It's easy to be kind and love a friendly God loving person. God wants us to pray and love for all, inspite of how we are treated-of course again, easier said than done

Sisters of the Blog said...

People like that always leave a huge hole when they go. All that light and love takes up a lot of space in our lives and hearts.

After a night of grief, there will be joy in the morning.

The love you have for Chris will remain, you'll just have to find different ways of expressing it besides sharing it with her. It's not an easy process, and i hope your season of grief is a short one.

megan

HS @ Our Debt Blog said...

BTW You look great on the pic! I forgot to mention that lol.