Tuesday, October 5, 2010

In a funk

Not sure if it was seeing that my grandmother has aged so much, or that it was my birthday, but yesterday and today I am in a funk.

I don't feel like doing anything. And I haven't. Yesterday we relaxed all day. We slept in. We watched a movie, and we did almost no school work. Diner was nachos eaten in the living room. (No complaints from the boys I assure you.)

Today I have yet to do anything. Jason is complaining of a stomach ache, and he wanted me to lay with him, so I did. FOR HOURS!

I did get up at 8:30am and take my grandmother to her church class. After that I thought I would do a bunch of stuff, but I haven't.

It could also be the weather, it is dreary and raining.

I am not sure how many others have do nothing, stay in pj's kind of days. No one I know can afford such a luxury. I can't really either, as I am supposed to be homeschooling and taking care of my home.

After Eric died I had lots of days I could not get out of bed. But it has been awhile since I have felt that way.

Yesterday and today I just feel blah, so not sure what the deal is.

Please pray for me. I so need motivation and energy. I am contemplating having a cup of coffee (I HATE coffee) for energy.

Also leave a comment if you have ever felt the need to do nothing all day!

Thanks!

-Becky

2 comments:

Tina said...

Ok, it is a funky sort of day..Before I got on the comp and looked at the blog I said to my self, why in the heck am in such a funk..I should post on our blog how each of us gets out of a funk. Then I say your post!

So, here is what I do. Well, it works for me anyway..most of the time..if I choose to do it. I set the timer for 15 mins and totally dedicate myself to do one thing ala flylady. I do it knowing that after the timer rings I can do whatever I want to. BUT, most always by the time the timer rings I am thinking..ok, so I could go do this or that too. Then I get on a roll and before I know it I have accomplished not only one thing but two.

Another thing, not available to most people, is I walk outside and go over on the other side of our property, which is a little walk, and go into the chicken coop, well into the fenced area. Those silly chickens jump at the gate when they see me coming and then when I am actually in there there is this one inparticular that has to come up to me and have me pet it. I know this is so weird, but it makes me feel better for some stupid reason. Sort of like, hey if no one else seems to care at least the chickens do!

The last thing I am doing right now is a study written by James MacDonald called When Life is Hard, Turning Your Trails to Gold. It is a great study we are doing at church. I think you can download the DVD teaching from www.lifeway.com/downloads if you want to look at it. He has been through alot and he teaches in such a way that you feel like..hey I CAN get past this. Let me know if you do download it how it works. We have the dvds and are using them on sunday nights at church. Everyone in the class is getting alot out of it.

Praying you defunk!! I know from personal experience it is really NO fun at all.

Love & Blessings,

Tina who is going to go and take her own advice and set the timer.

Becky R said...

I went to the library with Joshua and had a yummy salad. The library cheers me up. And I love salad. So that is good.