Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Just a scare

Well, I went into Jason & Josh's room to get Josh's clothes this morning and I remembered that the heat bulbs on Jason's lizrd cage had burnt out, so I wanted to check on the lizard. She appeared to be sleeping, but usually when she is asleep you can see her breath. So I poked her and nothing, I moved the food and water bowl (usually this signals her she is getting fed), and still nothing. I realized her eyes looked half open. It hit me, she was dead. I felt horrible as I should have bought new bulbs or had backups (except they are $20 each and we need 2.) I killed the lizard. And even though I am the one who takes care of her, I do like her. She is so calm and she never talks back. Well, I called my mom and she was going to have Scott come remove the body. I did not want Jason to know today as he has a school project due tomorrow and I wanted him to finish it.
Well, I decided to empty the food and water bowl and as I did I thought she moved. But I figured I just shook the cage. To be sure I poked her again. Well, she opened her eyes. Turns out she was hibernating (they do this in colder weather to preserve energy.) Well, I gave her some fresh water and food and she ate it right up, plus I put in a temporary heat lamp so she can stay warm until I get to the pet store. What a relief that I do not have to have that talk with Jason today or tomorrow. I guess I like her more than I thought, cause I was a bit sad about her dying. The things we do for our kids. -Becky




4 comments:

Jeannette said...

oh darn no lizard stew today????

Jeannette said...

I swear if I didn't see some of this stuff I would swear you make most of it up

Becky R said...

I wish I did make up half the crazy stuff that happens to me, it can be TOO much sometimes! -Becky

Anonymous said...

That is funny. I have to say lizards are yucky . EWW.