Thursday, February 28, 2008

relaxing evening

Tonight I sat down and ate dinner (scrambled egg sandwiches and kiwi fruit) with my boys. I had to force myself to sit and not clean, fold laundry, etc ( I love my kids, but my mind is constantly thinking about all I have to do.) Well, I actually listened to them talk and guess what? no one screamed or cried or fought. It was amazing. I am home with my kids all day but I guess I am not available to them all day and maybe they act out because of it (or because they are wicked little sinners-lol!) Seriously, it was nice. Then after dinner we walked to the school for the family night of the book fair. Yes, gasp, we walked in this 20 degree weather, but we survived and I got some exercise in. The boys each got a book and we bought one for each of there class rooms. I am a sucker for books. They are one of the few things I spend lots of money on. It makes me so happy that Jason loves to read, as I do as well. Joshua loves to be read too and also to "read" to himself. Actually Jason still enjoys being read to. It is an activity we all enjoy as a family.
The best part, when we got home I told the boys it was bed time. The boys got there pj's on and I prayed and talked and cuddled with each of them and by 8:42pm Joshua was asleep. This is early and we had no yelling, getting up, etc. I guess the extra outside play tired him out. I am so happy. Jason went in his bed, but I think he is still up. He has trouble falling asleep as his mind does not shut off easily (nor does mine.) But he just reads and relaxes which is good too.
I feel good, better than my previous AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! post.

And yeah tomorrow is Friday and I have a free sitter tomorrow night and am going out! YEAH! -Becky

ps- I accomplished 3 things on my if I have time, but needs to get done to do list today!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds really nice!