Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hoover Steam Vac SpinScrub Steam Cleaner review

The steam cleaner is the Hoover Steam Vac SpinScrub. I got it from Home Shopping Network. It was $200 including tax and shipping. It is already more money than I paid. I am paying for it over 5 months. It came with extra hand scrub brush, and floor attachment (which are usually sold separately.) Also it usually comes with one 16 ounce bottle of cleaner. I got that plus four more 32 ounce bottles. One is even for pet accidents. Of course this cleaner is not green, I swear this is not a new trend for me. I will use it until it is all gone and then will try just vinegar or soap in steam cleaner.

Jason put it all together. It was easy to set up and get started. I cleaned where the dog had her accident and my chair plus pillow. The kids loved doing the hand attachment. It was even easy for them. I will just say so far I am very impressed. And wow, that dirty water was black. EWWWW!!!! I can't wait to do my couch and rest of living room floor. I can even do carpet pieces on my stairs.

Just a side note, this does not actually steam or heat the water. You add hot tap water. But I still am very happy with it so far. It is convenient enough that I will not mind pulling out for spills or pet accidents.







This is so not my house. LOL!












p.s. I am not getting paid to do this review or am I affiliated with Hoover. Just a mom sharing my opinion with you.

2 comments:

Sisters of the Blog said...

Becky,
I'm glad the steam vac spinscrub is working for you.

I borrowed one from a friend so i could do all the carpets in our new house before we moved in. The previous owners had dogs, and DH is HIGHLY allergic to dogs. He's allergic to cats, too, but not nearly as bad as he is to dogs.

I don't know what brand my friend had, i don't think it was a Hoover, but same idea--the hottest tap water you have, combined with cleaner, and you vacuum away. The rugs are damp, and i found a cleaner at Walmart of all places that was a greener alternative.

This house was left very clean by the previous owners, but i know how dirt gets trapped in carpeting. Yep, black water and dog hair.

In our old house, we switched to bamboo floors in the LR and DR from carpeting, but before we did, DH would steam clean all the carpets once a year or so.

I debated about buying one, after seeing how well Sharon's worked--usually we just rent one to use for two days. Our cats are good about the litter box, although all of them puke now and again, and i find myself thinking if i had the steam cleaner, i'd use it.

I'd be careful about using just any old sort of soap in the cleaner. You might find that it's too sudsy and then you may have a really hard time getting rid of soap scum on the carpets.

megan

Jeannette said...

I like the couch in the picture, it looks so creamy, I couldn't see eating ice cream or chips on it so I wouldn't buy it that color. Oh wait we aren't reviewing the couch, gosh I must read the posts more clearly
It's nice to know your steamer works the way you need it to. I wouldn't be adding viniager to the steam cleaner it might effect some of the parts, (the acid)
I love the way you are so resourceful though