Tuesday, June 21, 2011

First day of summer camp

Yesterday was my first day of watching children in my home all summer. My day started at 6:30am when I woke up. My first child arrived at 7:30am. My last child left at 5:30 (not as bad as today, I will have kids until 9:30pm.)

Overall it was a good day. We made pancakes from scratch for breakfast. We played outside (three times.) We did schoolwork (except Jason who said he fell asleep, all day?) We did a science experiment. We went to the horse farm for a barn tour. We had reading time. We had rest time (the kids, not me, I wish.) We had a pillow fight (kid's idea.)

The kids seemed to enjoy themselves. I know Josh had a good day.

The worst part was about 8pm I sat on couch with Josh to watch a movie, and I was out. I slept on the couch until 10:30, then woke up, put the kids to bed, read a few chapters in the book I am reading, and then went to bed.

I need to be able to stay awake from 6:30am to 10:30pm (especially tonight since I have Kaiden until about 9:30.) Hopefully I can fall into a better routine.

-Becky

0 comments: