Monday, July 7, 2008

First day of VBS

Today went so well. I only hit snooze 3 times. Not too bad. We actually made it out of the house by 8:10 and got my grandma and made it to VBS by 8:30 (on time.) Last night I laid out all the boys clothes and mine too. Plus all my VBS was ready to go in a bag by the door. I also put bowls, spoons, & cereal on the table with the boys vitamins. Then I put a baggie of cereal and piece of fruit for each of us in in VBS bag in case we did not have time for breakfast, but we did so it made a nice after VBS snack. I will do the same tonight.


The 2 and 3 year olds were so cute today, we had lots of fun. We taught that God is good to everyone and told how God parted the Red Sea to free his people. We played in sensory table I brought to find items that the Egyptians took with them as they fled from Pharaoh. Also we made fishy crafts and went fishing as well. The theme is a luau. We also made life preservers from brown bags and rode on a raft wearing them, that was too cute. We also made mats we can sit on (like beach mats.) And we decorated the vests and mats with stamps and markers. It was alot of fun.


After VBS we came home and had lunch which I also prepared last night (to avoid fast food.) Then we relaxed. Then I took Jason's friend home and we stopped at AC Moore to get white t-shirts the older boys needed for a VBS craft. I am not sure why, I think I had an out of body experience, but we spent a little over $68. YIKES! The t-shirts were only $10. But I bought myself two clearance scrapbooks one was $4, one was $5. Jason bought a bunch of wood stuff to make his dad a birthday gift, plus paint (about $30 worth of stuff.) Josh also bought a wood thing to paint. We also got model clay. And a few other misc. crafts. Seriously I walked out of there like WHAT? I had stopped using my debit card, but today for some reason I used it. AHHHHH!!!!!


After store we stopped at my friend's, boys played video games with her kids and we talked homeschooling as I want to order Jason's curriculum by the end of this month. I picked his spelling, English, and Math stuff, plus a handwriting program. I also know what I need for his science, history, and literature at co-op. The stuff will run me new about $200, plus $90 to join home school legal defense and $20 to join REAP(local home school group), in addition his gym class is $20. I have $400 for his stuff, so I hope I do not need too much else. I also want to get Jason a digital camera and potable dvd player for his school stuff (and a laptop, but that is a dream.) I want the potable dvd so he can do his math if we are not home. Anyway that was a productive time at her house. Now I just have to actually order the stuff.


After that we came home and had dinner (chicken patty sandwiches and green beans Jason picked from his grandparents garden.) We ate dinner in front of the tv, we watched a Little House on the Prairie episode on dvd. Then we went outside, the boys went in the pool, I took laundry off the line and hung another load (it will dry tomorrow.) Then I weeded the garden and mowed the grass. Then I moved my car to mow under it and I accidentally ran over Jason's bike. I feel bad, but he also is told time and again to put it in the back yard. I am hoping we can fix it. He is devastated. This was his new bike that he got for his birthday that was stolen once and already fixed once. Pray it can be fixed.
Now I am putting boys to bed and going to get ready for tomorrow. -Becky

3 comments:

Jeannette said...

Did you write, Jason bought some wood so he can make his dad???
you make me laugh,,,
sounds like a very productive and expensive day

Becky R said...

I meant to make his dad a birthday gift, I just edited my post to reflect that. It was funny the way I wrote it. LOL!

Anita said...

Glad VBS went so well for the first day.