Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sponser a child through Compassion





Hi! We have so much in America. One way I try to counteract my kids wanting more is that we sponsor a child through Compassion. We sponsor a 13 year old boy named Edelson. We write and he writes back quiet often.
Once Jason asked me if we could get cable, so I showed him our budget and said what do you think? I said cable costs about what we send to Edelson every month, would you want to stop sending this money and get cable. He immediately said, "no way."
To remember to pray for Edelson daily we pray at every red light for something for Edelson, his health, for his family to have enough food every day, for clean water daily, for his baby brother, for his parents, for his dad's fishing and his mom's sewing work.

I challenge you to also sponsor a child, Compassion is a legit organization who are doing God's work! We think sponsoring a child will change that child's life and it does, but more so it will change your life! It has really changed ours!!! -Becky



Compassion International

Sponsor a child online through
Compassion's Christian child
sponsorship ministry. Search for
a child
by age, gender, country,
birthday, special needs and more.


3 comments:

Becky said...

Hey Becky-
That's really awesome how you put things into perspective with your son. I'm glad he chose to keep sponsoring Edelson :)

I read the challenge you gave me! My husband and I already sponsor two kids through Compassion. I sponsor a little girl in Africa and he sponsors a little boy in South America.

I love that we are so encouraged to write to our kids and that we get letters back. That's so cool! I used to sponsor a girl through Children International (she got married last year and that's when I switched to Compassion). At Children International, I got two scheduled letters from my child each year, but was never encouraged to write back. I like Compassion A LOT better than Children International.

Anyway, kudos to you for teaching your kids such awesome lessons!

Lynnae said...

Becky,

Compassion International is a great organization! The Sunday School kids at church sponsor a little boy through Compassion.

We were sponsoring an Indonesian boy through the church we used to attend, but he's a grown man now. It was good to see him grow up.

Once we get moved and readjust our budget, we're going to look into sponsoring another child.

Thanks for spreading the word!

Jeannette said...

Gee I sponsor two children but I never get letters,, hhmm maybe I should change my sponsorship
I use to get pictures but that stoppped
:}