Friday, July 18, 2008

Worst financial month so far

I messed up big time this month. I have spent about $400 not budgeted for and just paid all July bills, but for the first time in a long time I am not able to pay them all (because of the spending on unbudgeted stuff.)


I paid all bills but phone/online which is $70 and although it is only the 18th I have no gas money or food money at all until Aug. Opps! I am going to list a few things on sale with craigslist and a local free site. I hope to get about $40 for gas to last me until the end of the month. For food we will just eat up everything in the house. Plus I have a check coming next Fri. that will cover the phone/online bill, but still this is very poor planning.
I need to immediately cancel my debit card and unlink my savings account from my checking account.

I do still have $600 for our trip next Fri. and $300 for Jason's homeschool curriculum, and $300 for the breaks my car needs in savings, plus 3 months living expenses in a cd. But I need to seriously halt any additional spending. It would have been way better to buy $70 worth of food as opposed to the crafts we bought at AC Moore the other day. YIKES!!!!! I think stress makes me spend, but I need to take my stress to the Lord and also put it into energy for cleaning my house, which so needs a good cleaning! -Becky

how is your summer spending going?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Becky. I know how that is.... have been there too many times. I will pray and also pray for your health!

Unknown said...

Summer spending is a tough one...I wouldn't beat yourself up too much about it! Summer and Christmas...they can really get you.