Monday, July 12, 2010

Past three days

I intended Sat. to be a no drive day, but my grandmother stopped by and then I drove her home (literally around the corner, but she couldn't walk.) So it was almost a no drive way.

Sunday we missed church (which I am not happy about) and did not drive anywhere at all, so that was a true no drive day.

Today I had to watch my friends kids so I drove there this morning. She lives about 15 min. away. Then for the rest of the day we stayed home, hung out, rested, and I cleaned and painted my front porch trim (and the gutters.)

I decided (even though it was hot and humid out) to clean my front porch. I scrubbed down the siding and trim. Then I started to get ideas to improve my curb appeal. I wanted to drive to a home improvement store to buy light green spray paint to do the flower pots and house numbers on my front porch. I also decided that I wanted to paint the trim and bench on my front porch as well. I remembered that I had a can of rustoleum paint, so I decided to start painting (saving me some unnecessary driving.) I painted the bench on the porch white. I painted all the trim and gutters that you can see from the street. I think it looks good. The funny thing is that I had no idea that paint would not come off my hands. My hands ended up covered in that paint. Soap and water did nothing! Finally neighbors gave me this great stuff and my hands are finally clean. I think the front porch already looks better. Tomorrow I will buy green spray paint and concrete paint as well (I want to repaint the top of the porch, it is ugly.) I have other errands to do as well, so it will not be too much extra driving.

For dinner we had:
baked potatoes with sour cream and Cheddar cheese
left over corn on the cob
left over grilled zucchini
cucumbers from a friends garden
organic carrots from store
left over pizza slices (organic with wheat crust)

dessert:
chocolate pudding (kids)
plain yogurt with fresh Jersey blueberries, walnuts, and honey (for adults)

Dinner was left overs and we barely had enough for just us (so I thought.) However we stopped at my grandmothers and my sister and her boyfriend were there, they had not eaten, so I invited them over. Plus the boys had their cousin over as well. We all ate and were full. It was good too (I thought so.) That was a God moment, He made that little bit of food last for four adults and three kids. He never ceases to amaze me.

Now I am going to fold laundry and get to bed soon, last night was a late night.

-Becky

2 comments:

Jeannette said...

Love the new look
And without a doubt
God is good

Becky R said...

Amen to that!