Saturday, July 24, 2010

Today and our homeschool group

Today we went to our church 10am-2pm to do a work day. We will be using a brick building (a house, that is no longer used as a house but as classroom space) on our church property for our homeschool group come Sept. The building needed lots of tlc. We were able to pull up stinky carpets and get rid of a lot of trash today. Also the men and other ladies did an awesome job getting the hidden hardwood floors looking better (and removing the weird sticky marks the old padding left.)

We still have another few days work to do, but it is already much better.

I am super excited to have a place to keep homeschool supplies for the classes I will be teaching at our group.

Our group will meet Wed. & Fri. 1:30-5:00. We will have prayer, devotion, and worship time. Then as a group we will all do sign language. After that we will divide into three groups:
under 4's, k-2, & 4-8th (we have no third graders.)

I will be teaching the k-2. We will be doing Bible, history, science, and art. I am super excited! My actual teaching time is 2:30-4:30 (4:30 is clean up for all groups.) Joshua will be in my group (with his best friend as well.) I am so glad about this.

Jason will be in the older group. They are only doing history and science. But the history is very literature based so will also fulfill some of his language arts requirements.

Our group consists of 5 homeschooling families. We all go to the same church. We have 15 kids from ages 2-14 (including 2 year old twins.) In the young group are 4 kids. In my group are 6 kids. In the older group are 5 kids. It is a good number in each group. We may have 1 more family that will add 2 kids to the older group.

I also worked tonight and got home about 10:30. My boys are sleeping out. I will pick them up in the am before church.

Tomorrow after church if the boys are not too tired and if it not so hot we will go to Great Adventure. I want to try and take them as much as possible since we have the season passes. I will not have any time this week with all the jobs I have picked up.

What did you do today?

-Becky

0 comments: